Thursday, August 24, 2006

The name of the Game is Train!


So now that I'm running on all cylinders again, and not feeling like everytime I get up, I am going to fall into a river, I have had to learn the names of Thomas and his friends. The way you learn these names all depends on whether you want to be singing the Thomas and Friends song all day long at work. Robert loves Thomas now, and we recently acquired a new wood track from a neighbor. Let it be said that when Robert plays with this new track we achieve what is now known as "The ZONE". When Robert is in the zone, nothing but nothing breaks his concentration.

The Zone

And if you value tranquility you don't go into the zone. I really need to think of some toy like Thomas to make my fortune. They get you coming and going. There are two types of Thomas trains, and luckily for us, we inadvertantly own both. Inadvertantly because the type of train you have depends on what track it will work on. We now have both..the plastic for the metal trains, and the wood for the wooden trains.

Reading about Fire Trucks with his new Thomas shirt


Tracks are now set up in the basement and upstairs in an oval formation, so that Robert can sit in the middle of the tracks. The only exception to this is the metal type Thomas which sets on a little table just high enough for Robert to play while standing up. Robert has started saying "Mama" quite a bit, and he knows that he gets an incredible applause when he does say it. The end of the night was spent playing in the Little Tykes Garden. Somewhere amongst all this fun, we managed to grab a bite to eat.

We really need some rain here in Virginia. The plants are looking really dry, and the ground has huge cracks in it. The new azaleas I planted are barely making it throught the last throes of summer. I try to give them a good watering at night to conserve water. Ok, better head up to bed.

No comments: