Saturday, April 19, 2008

We spent the later part of the day at the US National Arboretum. One of my favorite places because of the endless plants, it also boasts as the final resting place for twenty-two Corinthian sandstone columns that once held up the East Portico of the Capitol. The columns are 24 feet hight, and until the late 1950's the 170-year-old columns held up the original foundation on the Capitol. They were moved to the banks of the Anacostia, and were later rescued and moved to the National Arboretum. Robert and I hiked over here and climbed around for a while. All the azaleas were in bloom, as well as dogwoods, redbuds, and camelias. Spring is awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures....... The flowering trees are beautiful but... Robert is even more beautiful. Especially with his dirty face! But you know I'm greedy, I want more. Three weeks till Bermuda. Yeah
Love & Hugs XOXOXO