My Run Past the Pentagon on 9/11
Just a quick note about my run today. I decided to plan a route that would take me past the Pentagon in hopes of seeing and paying tribute to the memorial taking place today. My first attempt to trot down a pedestrian sidewalk to cross under 395 was met by a heavily armed man who came running after me and told me I coud not proceed that way. Ok, so I'll try one more pedestrian sidewalk.....that one had what appeared to be the 5th Infantry waiting for wack-jobs like me who wanted to pay their tributes. I was reminded that I didn't have tickets, and there was no way to catch a glimpse.
Say a prayer today, for those who died that their hearts may always be remembered, and for those who survived that their hearts may never forget what it means to be an American.
No comments:
Post a Comment