
We decided to vacate the county, and head over to the Chesapeake Bay for the day. It has been a while since I have been to Sandy Point State Park. I used to ride my bike here when I was a kid; which was about a 15 mile bike ride from our house in Bay Hills. The beach was not the greatest, mostly because it is a built beach and as such, contains about 2% sand...the other component being 98% pebbles which were brutal on the bottoms of our feet. After a good swim, hole digging, and lunch, we headed back to the old neighborhood. It is amazing how all the trees have grown tall, and our old house on Bay Green Drive looked so small. It was nice to get out of Dodge for a while. Of course we returned to the horrible sound of chain saws....the new owners of the house 3 doors down decided to remove all trees from their property. This house happened to have some of the best mature oak tress in the entire neighborhood, and they are all gone. It really is sad to see so many old tress cut down, and makes you wonder how people can do such a horrible thing.
2 comments:
Just beautiful pictures. How lucky Robert is to be having the most wonderful childhood! Too bad about the trees. Tearing them down really changes the look of a neighborhood.
Love & Hugs XOXOXO
Hey, that's the place I proposed to Julie.
http://picasaweb.google.com/caffrey.lee/ProposalDaySept2006/photo?authkey=C9C7fjwrTs8#4983249385109454866
Post a Comment